Saturday 27 April 2013

Cooper does WELKS and the next day fights the biggest ball ever!


A big HELLO again from Cooper.

Yesterday I went to Malvern for the WELKS dog show.  Donna's given you the show results but I've attached a few photos from the day.  It was a long wait for me to go into the ring - five hours - but though tired I was better behaved than last time and didn't jump on anyone.

But first I've got to tell you about a real scare I had before showing.  To break up the day my dad would walk me around the showground to see all the fantastic dogs there. The last walk before showing he walked me into a big marquee - Tent 1 - where all the Irish Setters were benched after being shown. As we walked along the aisles of Setters a HUGE gust of wind blew up and the canvas roof suddenly flapped and banged like a bomb going off.  My ears went back to my tail, my tail curled under to my chest and my bum hit the floor as I dragged my Dad out of that tent as if my life depended on it.  The noise and my terror obviously communicated itself to the Setters because to a dog, every Setter hung off their bench barking like hounds possessed, and trying to get at me.  It was one of the scariest moments I've had as I ran that gauntlet but I soon got outside and was safe again.  What an adventure!




I was shattered when I got home but after a good sleep overnight and a really long walk the next morning, my Dad decided to clean out his shed as part of a revamp of the back garden to keep me away from some of the shrubs and plants.  And guess what rolled out - the biggest ball ever!  I thought it might swallow me up if I let it so decided to get my retaliation in first.  I barked at it, tried to bite it, butted it and pushed it - but try as I might I couldn't burst it.  But I reckon it's one of the best toys ever and I can't wait until it comes out again.

Video 1





Video 2



2 comments:

  1. Love the video!! Lots of sights and sounds to be found at any show, all the extra work is clearly paying off now. Keep up the good work Cooper for mum & dad at the National.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's watching all the work in the garden designed to keep him off at least part of it and you can almost see him thinking "that's not gonna keep me out!"

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.