Thursday 7 May 2015

The Return of Cooper

Wow. Or rather "Bow, wow, wow". I've been away a long time, partly due to a sabbatical from the showring in the last few months of 2014 and partly due to me sorting out a few computer issues. But I'm back!

Firstly, I'd like to welcome all the new pups and I hope to meet some of you in the fur in the future. My favourite meet is Newgale beach not far from Seahaven and when you've grown up a bit, why don't you come and play with the big doggies - but make sure you like the water first because you will get wet. It's been great to see photos of you on the Seahaven blog and how quickly you are all growing. We aren't pups long.

Secondly, I've been back in the show world in 2015. Donna has already covered Crufts, where Seahaven dogs had some fabulous results - even those big Munsters who always get to the ball or frisbee first!  But on 26 April I went to WELKS (West of England Ladies Kennel Society) Show, held in Malvern Showground. There I was entered in the Toller Class, in Open Dog - with the big boys. It was held outside, on grass, and I like being outside if it's not too hot. I went well and won Open Dog, then Best of Sex, and went up against Best Bitch for Best of Breed. And got it!

But then you have to represent the breed in the Group Judging, up against the Best of Breeds from all the other gundogs, 27 of us in all. I'd done this twice before and never got anywhere but this time I was shortlisted to the last 10, an amazing honour for me because loads of these dogs were Show Champions.

It was a brilliant day for me and Mam and Dad, but a very long one. Thankfully there was a Gordon Setter bitch, attractive thing she was, benched close to me in the main part of the show. We got on like a house on fire - and she was right next to me in the Group judging. You can't ask for much more than that at a show can you? And stay within the rules of course!
 
 


 So, you youngsters, never let anyone tell you that because you have ginger fur you can't make it in life, no matter what you try. Because there's loads of things we can become good at.

I've seen Tollers jump as high, run as fast, swim, dig, scent, show off and particularly eat as well as many in the dog world. You, like me, were given a really good start in life. The rest is now up to you. Don't let me down. I'll be watching.
Edited to add the link below to the video of Cooper in the Group ring!  Good to have you back Cooper - Donna x
 



1 comment:

  1. Really well done to you all, just so pleased for you. Special boy :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.