Wednesday 23 March 2016

Cooper's Story

Donna has told the story about the remarkable day for Seahaven at the Toller Championship Show on 20 March. I'd just like to add some thoughts from my own angle - after all, it was my sisters and me, and of course, Mammy Tilly, that brought the prizes home.

I have to say I'm beginning to feel like a man in a woman's world. The storyline has in it Donna, Natasha, Eleanor, Dawn (my owner), Tilly, Eve, Tegan (and her owner, Janice Russell), and the judge on the day, Elaine Whitehill. Then there's me - the only male.  Oh, I forgot - my driver, Dad. It's a good job I get to spend a lot of time doing men things with him in the week.

Anyway, back to the important points. I'd like to specially thank Natasha for getting the very best out of me. I am delighted it all worked out so well, and I'll do anything for that gorgeous livercake. I'm sure it won't be the last time we team up. In fact I'd like to thank EVERYONE who has ever had any input into my training and development - way too many to mention but you all know who you are. I'm also delighted for the brilliant performance of half-sister Tegan, and younger sister Eve who with Eleanor achieved something amazing for one so young. Tegan's even younger, of course - I'm beginning to feel like a pensioner!

There won't have been many occasions in show history where in a Championship Breed Show a breeder sees one of her dogs and bitches going up against each other for Best in Show - then on top of that both handled by the daughters of the breeder. In fact - it's probably unique. Just imagine how Donna felt. In fact have a look at how excited she was when Eve got Best Bitch and Tegan Reserve Best Bitch - that alone is quite incredible.


Look how cool my Mam looks though. Takes it all in her stride that one.

Anyway, enough of the talk - let's have a gawk. Here's some of the snaps from the day.

Eleanor concentrating hard
Me and Natasha
The Two Sisters

Tilly's Tollers

The Best in Show Line Up
A very proud handler and owner
The day's haul

The stunning Brizewood Trophy for Best in Show - very heavy, very beautiful. A great honour and I keep it for a year.


1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.