Saturday 11 May 2013

Cooper goes National

Hi again to all you Seahaven Blog followers.  Yesterday I went to the National Dog Show in Stafford.  What a journey - motorway hold-ups and getting lost in the last few miles meant we were doubtful we'd make the judging.  But made it we did, so Dad's language changed from Anglo Saxon to Queen's English and his blood pressure came down to nearer normal (for him)!

It was my first attempt at a qualifying show for next year's Crufts, and I was entered in with the big boys now - Post Graduate, no less.  Just before Mam took me into the showring I spotted Dad trying to hide with his camera.  Not having any of that so barked at him until he came to reassure me.  Then - into the ring!  Mam tried to set me up - move my back legs to position, OK - I'll move my front ones then.  Move my front legs - I'll move my back again!  Starting to enjoy this game again.  Nice judge walks over to look at me (lady this time) - not interested in her, where's my Dad hiding!  Mam has to move me round the ring - better go REALLY slow Mam, or I may jump on you again.  All the Tollers in my class then line up again - think Mam's given up now because she's stopped fussing so much.  I'm standing as crooked as an MP's expenses claim!  Judge points to one dog, then second - then ME!?  Mam looks like the girl in the Sky broadband advert who walks off with Bruce Willis; Dad reappears from nowhere and his BP isn't looking too good again.  But there it is - somehow I've pulled a rabbit out of the hat and Crufts 2014 beckons.
Mam looks startled!

Outside the Showhall - standing OK now!
That's really what happened, but in Toller World something far more significant happened yesterday.  Trevargh the Entertainer (Woody) made history as the first UK Show Champion, winning his third consecutive CC.  He took Best Dog and Best of Breed and thoroughly deserved the awards. Huge congratulations to him and his family!  As our owners' names are very close alphabetically, we are nearly always benched close to each other now, so maybe, just maybe, he had enough magic to help me on my way too!  And even more special yesterday - I was benched right next door to Arni (Narod the Impossible Dream).  He is 14 now but what a legend to be introduced to.  He had his lunch right next to me and I was so in awe of him that I never asked him for a bit!  Two Tollers who are living legends within a whisker's distance of me throughout the day - what a story to tell young Tollers when my whiskers turn grey.

So, that's all for now folks.  Speak to you soon.

Love

Cooper
x

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you all, well done Cooper with the big boys holding your own. Very proud of you at Seahaven.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.