Saturday 25 May 2013

Cooper goes to Fan Llia

As a special treat today my Dad took me to Fan Llia - one of the quieter, lesser known hills in the Brecon Beacons, just above a little village called Ystradfellte.  Lovely spot - a nice little parking area right by a crystal clear mountain stream, where we stopped and walked up onto the open moorland.  Loads of sheep though (very tempting but a No, No), skylarks galore, meadow pipits, finches, woodpecker, jay, buzzards!

Quite warm at the top after a long walk up, so Dad took me back via the edge of a forestry plantation in the shade and then I had a nice long splash in the mountain stream I told you about.  Lovely it was!  I then mugged Dad for some of his pasty, lay in the sun and chilled out as I dried.

Dad took me to the distillery in Penderyn on the way back and put something that looked like a bottle into the boot of the car.  When we got home, as Mam is away for the day, I notice he hid the bottle at the back of the cupboard.  That's gonna cost him dearly - at least a few cocktail sausages that I've seen in the fridge!

Got a lot of photos of the trip which I hope will persuade you to go there one day.

 
Dog's paradise
On the way up
 Nearly there
Those sheep look tempting

Time to cool off
Where's that fish gone?
It got away!  Settle for a stick.
I'd have preferred a trout!
Can't work out how it got away!
Time to dry off in the sun
Yawn, shut my eyes and go to sleep!
That's all for now - speak to you again soon.

Love from Cooper x

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I think we'll have to come and join you for a trip there soon as it looks beautiful, and it doesn't look too busy either.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.