Sunday 24 November 2013

Cooper goes to Leicester

Yesterday I went to the Toller Breed Open Show near Leicester.  Even though it's a long way from Neath judging didn't start until 11am so we started out at 7.  It was still dark and frozen, even when I stopped en-route for my morning toilet break on the Neath canal.

We got there about 10.30 and what a great venue.  A spacious heated hall for the show itself, with permanent soft flooring so doggies can get a good grip. There was a cafe facility in the hall where the humans got their teas and coffees, hot dogs, burgers (they were yum) and chips. All a VERY reasonable price too compared to the bigger shows. Outside were acres of ground for parking and dog exercise - there was even a permanent dog agility course set up.  Those local Leicester dogs are spoilt rotten!

The Toller Club are doing a great job with this show.  They had Club hats, shirts and other merchandise on sale, and a tombola where there were some really lovely prizes every time.  I won turkey flavoured bones with one ticket and Dad won a bottle of fizzy plonk so he was happy too.

So - let's get down to business.  Mam had entered me into Graduate.  The show started on time and judging was efficient and it wasn't long before I was in the ring.  I was in a class of 5.  It went really well to be honest, and when the judge made her selections I got a Second. Mam and Dad were over the moon - Dad even got to see the judge's pick as he'd sneaked back into the hall.  Dad took me outside and opened the turkey bones.  They smelt scrumptious.  I curled up on the grass, lay in the sun and demolished them.  Oh - and then I ate some of Dad's burger.  Well, fair's fair - on show days I only get half a breakfast, and it's me that does all the work after all!

We stayed until the end because it was such a nice atmosphere.  There were 57 tollers entered into the classes, so a good turnout.  We all enjoyed so much that we will go back in March next year for the Championship Show.

In the ring  

Home at last. Where's Mam's bright green jacket today?
And check out that hat!!


3 comments:

  1. Well done Cooper, Eve sends her congratulations to her big brother!! I do think that you deserve to share the burger for all of your hard work. Keep up the good work all of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Cooper! looking handsome as ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper you are such a handsome boy and with such an expressive face :) very well done.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.