Sunday 23 February 2014

Cooper goes to Mid Western Gundog

So tired I can barely type this. Mam woke me up 5.30am - not a happy Toller. We were booked into Mid Western Gundog Show at Worcester. It was so early I refused to eat my breakfast.

My usual toilet stop at Neath Canal - which took a lot longer than normal because I hadn't eaten, then back in the cage for a long journey. Not a bad venue at all - a Leisure Centre but stacks of free parking and acres of fields that I wasn't allowed on but only because I've got white paws and it was muddy. The bacon butties weren't a patch on those in the Toller Club Show though - but I'm up there in March so don't have to wait too long.

Judging delayed for 15 minutes but tollers were first in. Dad went out - I went in. Dad came back in as I came out - with a red rosette! First in Post Graduate. So Dad had to go again - good job it hadn't started raining. So into Best of Breed against Open winner - the Junior winner wasn't eligible because he'd entered PG as well and came second to me. Unbelievably good day - judge must have liked me because I got BoB. Both Mam and Dad were very pleased I'd behaved myself.

We then hung around until mid-afternoon for Best in Show. Up against 26 others here - it was too big a task. I was bombed out in the first whittling down - judge pulled 7 out - 19 other dogs skulked out of the ring, tail between their legs after hanging around all day just to be told - you're not good enough!

Lovely day though apart from Dad having a row with the Sat-Nav in Worcester. He reckons it tells lies so Dad hit it off the windscreen. Now it won't turn itself off - serves him right!




4 comments:

  1. Handsome boy - well done!!

    Really proud of you, and can't wait to see you all again in a few weeks at Crufts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done Super Cooper! Such a handsome boy, thoroughly deserved :)

    Hope you have been able to get your paws muddy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Coops! Milly is rather jealous I didn't enter her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job, Super Cooper strikes again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.