Tuesday 25 March 2014

NSDTR Club Champ Show - Bron Beast

Sunday saw us getting up at 5am much to the dogs amusement for the Toller Club Champ Show in leicester (these faces say it all - what time is THIS?)

 
Dawn & Gerald kindly allowed Bron and I to hitch a lift with the lovely Cooper as they only live about half an hour away, and together Bron & Cooper  sang beautifully (and loudly) to all of the neighbours just to let them know where they were going at 6.45am on a Sunday morning :-)

Lots of ginger dogs packed in to the hall, we arrived pretty much bang on opening time thinking we would get a place before anyone else but the hall was already jam packed!  Anyway we sat ringside and enjoyed watching the lovely dogs parading round and catching up with friends.  Bron and Cooper did plenty of singing for a bit, you know just to make sure everyone knew they were there....

 

I entered 3 classes hedging my bets knowing there would be a lot of entries (143 entries - 99 dogs!) and the competetion would be fierce.  First class was Junior Bitch which was ok but I didn't think Bron went round very well as there was a lot of food on the floor distracting her so she didn't run very straight, thought had blown it and we got 3rd place! qualifying for Crufts!

Next round was Post Grad Bitch with 12 entries and a lot of big girls so didn't expect anything at all. Bron went like a dream (well I thought she did anyway) ran lovely on a loose lead out in front of me and stood nicely, the judge came back and felt her shoulders again and we were shortlisted!  Then blow me down we were pulled for 2nd place! stunned and over the moon.


Well, after that it was straight in again for Limit bitch which I had entered by mistake (as only a novice and didn't realise at the time it was a class for the big girls!) so I felt a right pillock standing there among all the people with dogs that show abroad and are hardened showers that are well known, decided to chalk it up to experience and just use it as practice, having already asked early on if I could pull out and was told no!  Anyway again Bron went like a dream run well, stood lovely and the judge again came back and felt her shoulders and again we were shortlisted!  What happened next really was amazing - a hat trick!  We got a Reserve in a class of 19!  BIG GRINS.  I heard a couple of people shout 'Well Done Jane' as I came out but don't know who they were. Beastie did us proud!  It was worth getting soaked with that bath after all!


Vicky & Steve had come across from Norfolk to support us and Cooper too (I will let him give his news) they brought along Piri and Echo as well and will be coming to the next Champ Show in Stafford so will be needing helpers in the ring with the girls.  Let's help them too as their girls are looking great too.  The only downside was that Donna wasn't able to go last minute so I hope the news makes up for the disappointment of not going x

So proud of my little beastie beast Bron, she has changed so much over the last couple of months and is starting to (dare I say it) grow up a little.  Still a beast but lovable beast.  Pressure is off now so  it doesn't matter if we don't get placed again!

3 comments:

  1. My little sis did Tilly and Red proud. I was so chuffed for her that when she came back to my house for a coffee I got a little bit carried away. But she soon put me in my place. Really well done 'cos there were some cracking Tollers showing that day and those Classes she went in she was up against some dogs and handlers with way more experience.

    I managed a Third in Post Graduate, so Mam and Dad pleased as punch too, as it secures a Crufts for me next year. Looks like a big Seahaven party going to be there again. Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really proud of you all, and so, so disappointed that I wasn't able to go and support you. Thank you both for keeping me updated with news, it meant a great deal to me. So thrilled with the results, and much deserved too. Cooper and Bron are looking fab, keep it both and hope to catch up with you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you all, fab results for the gorgeous ginger ones :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.