Sunday 23 June 2013

Cooper and Gnoll Park Companionship Show

Hi all!  Today I went to the Gnoll Park for a local dog event in aid of Prostate Cancer.  The show was split into Obedience and Show Classes, and as it was all for charity I had a go at both.  I entered the basic (novice) obedience, with five other dogs.  Good fun and, truth be known, novices we certainly were (as well as our handlers - Dad took me in)!  It was not something that Trio, Maddie and Tilly would have recognised as Obedience!  Getting me to do the Down-Stay was nigh on impossible because I was not on best behaviour, but when all was done I was awarded a Third prize which Dad and me were amazed and delighted with.

Concentrating hard (both of us)

Afterwards Mam took me into the Sporting Dog class whilst Dad disappeared.  I'm more familiar with Mam taking me round, and getting more comfortable with what's expected of me in the Show Ring, and Mam and me got a red rosette this time.  Dead chuffed as there were a dozen of us in there - but only one Toller!

I went forward to compete in the Best in Show, but didn't pick up anything there - it went to a Pembrokeshire Corgi, with a Wire-haired Daschund as Reserve. But it was great to see the Toller breed get that far anyway.  Loads of people came up to Mam to ask what I was and were really complimentary about my looks and behaviour (show ring anyway).

Best in Show line-up
  It was lucky for the organisers that the weather kept dry because it was all outdoors, but there were loads of different dogs entered and I think a lot of money raised for a worthwhile cause.
Two right little posers!






Time to chill now so I'll speak to you again sometime.

Love to all

Cooper
x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Cooper good to see you adding another string to your bow. Not just a handsome chap, but with brains too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking handsome as ever :-)

    Bron says obedience is for sissys anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.