Saturday 10 August 2013

12 Months On

Rookie's first show was Paignton Champ show last year. So 12 months on, I thought it would be nice to reflect on his achievements. Rookie (Seahaven's Celtic Commander) has attended 12 shows, 3 of which were champ shows where he has achieved two wins and a second place. The only open show where we had a breed class he achieved BOB, and he has also taken best AVNSC puppy. I have never shown a dog before, but when he surprised me by qualifying for Crufts at his first show I thought I had better get to a few shows to prepare us both!! 
He also gained his good citizens bronze and silver awards (hard to believe if you've met him but I promise the madness is controllable- most of the time!!)

Things will slow down considerably on the breed side now, we will do three or four shows a year, because it's time to shift the focus to his obedience shows and working trials. Obedience is coming on really nicely, and I am confident that we can hit the show scene 2014 ready and raring to go! We may get a couple of training rounds in this year but the obedience show season is nearly at an end. Working trials training is just about to really get into swing.

I am seeing a big change in his character just lately, he is maturing day by day (now 18 months old) and I am loving what I am seeing more and more.


Rookie looking proud
Of course Rookie primarily came into my life as a pet and family member, which he completely excels at! If only they gave CCs for comedy, my boy would be a Champion <3 Rookie always puts 100% of his big monster heart into everything, whether it's heelwork, rolling in a muddy puddle, or cuddling up with me on the sofa. 

The whole crew
Really looking forward to the Seahaven party of Crufts 2014, think it's getting so big we'll have to book out the Hilton!! ;)

Jess and Rookie x

2 comments:

  1. Hang onto that special "joie de vivre" Rookie because there'll be plenty of time later on for smoking a pipe and wearing slippers! Some amazing achievements - and you're younger than me!! Say hello to me in Crufts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, he really is a credit to you and the hard work that you have put in. Can't wait to hear how he gets on when he makes his debut in the obedience ring.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.