Monday 26 August 2013

Cooper goes to West Country Dog Club Show

Bank Holiday Monday!  And normally Mam and Dad wouldn't go anywhere near the M4, but we were all too tempted by the above show in Thornbury Leisure Centre. Why?  Because there were Toller breed classes, with nine tollers entered into Post Grad and Open.

Got there with no problem as all the traffic was travelling westwards into Wales.  And what a great venue for a show.  Motorway to within a few miles, loads of car parking space, open public fields and woods backing onto the Centre, and the space inside for show rings and seating facilities was amazing - better in fact than many of the Championship Shows I've been to.  It was really well run by the organising club who deserve to be warmly congratulated!  If you get a chance, do this show!

I was entered in Post Graduate and this time had not made the mistake of doubling up into the other category (Open) as well.  Dad thought he might get away with watching me this time because there was screen partitioning around the ring, but I saw him!  During the first trot around I started jumping at Mam to take me to Dad, but she won't have any messing - from me or him!  She shortened my lead and spoke sternly to me and indicated to him to duck below the partitioning.  Poor Dad - he does all the driving and has hardly ever seen me in the ring.

The lady judge gave me first place - Mam was delighted!  Left the ring for Open Dog to be judged.  Then back in before I even had chance to lie down after the effort, then me and the Open winner were judged for best of breed.  And she picked me again! To celebrate, Mam bought me a big bag of liver cake.  I really love this treat and have scoffed half the bag already - but it's not as nice as Donna's - they say there's no cooking like home cooking.  That's something else for Crufts for Donna to bring along!

Post Grad winners - look at those showrings!
Yum, yum - liver cake!
I came nowhere in the group judging later on (much later) but hey, it was all good experience for the both of us.  Then a run through the fields and woods to chill out, back to the M4 and a really quick trip back, where we felt sorry for all those in the massive queues now heading out of Wales - apologies if you were sat in it, but I could see why normally Mam and Dad are so careful about venturing out on Bank Holiday Mondays.

No shows until mid-October now.  Could do with putting my feet up, to be honest!

So, all the best for now,

Love

Cooper
xx




2 comments:

  1. Well done, a well deserved win for you Cooper. Don't worry the liver cake will be on me at Crufts next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.