Tuesday 3 September 2013

Cooper's 1st Camping Trip

Many of you will know it was the second birthday for Tilly and Red's first litter on 2 September, and of course I am one of the dogs from that time.  And for a present this year I didn't get any toys to play with as I wreck them within minutes.  So instead Mam and Dad took me on a camping trip, where we went to Fforest Fields, just outside Builth Wells.  Mam had not camped for over thirty years, so for the both of us it was very much a new experience.  We found the site on the internet so that was a gamble too.

But, wow, what a campsite and what a time we had.  Drizzling heavily all day in Neath on the Friday we left but in Builth it was glorious and it stayed that way all weekend.  The site welcomes dogs and I met loads.  There are two lakes, one big and one HUGE, where dogs are welcome to swim so I was in every day for ages, doing ball and frisbee retrieve. Really weird because I had the lakes virtually to myself - don't you other camping dogs like the water or what?
Now where's my tent down there?


Hardly Four Star but I love it








































How come  Dad's still in the showers?

Getting dark and I'm getting tired

Lots of fantastic waymarked walks lead from the site and we all went on a high level one on the Saturday for a long time. Again - where were the other mutts?  What a bunch of softees must have been staying there that weekend!  But when we got back to the seat that overlooks the site even I was shattered and had to take a rest and a drink.

The nights I found strange as I slept in my cage in the same tent as Mam and Dad.  It was weird to wake up through the night and see them more or less besides me.  I think I'm more relaxed now I'm home and I have the kitchen and living room to myself.  I mean a big toller like me needs to wander around his domain at night - check out there's no unwelcome creatures about!

So there we are - it was a nice treat for me, and I'm really looking forward to another camping trip - hopefully this year if the weather is nice enough.

Thanks for listening.

Love

Cooper
x

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cooper it sounds like you had a great birthday! A whole lake to yourself, what a lucky boy. Rookie says next time if you get a chance, it's really funny if you roll on the tent whilst the humans are trying to put it up. The camp site looks great- I'll have to investigate that one!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolling on the tent sounds brilliant fun - sounds like you've had some practice doing that, Rookie. But when that tent was going up I was so busy laughing at Mam and Dad's efforts I couldn't do anything else!

      Delete
  2. Great to see these dogs enjoying the great outdoors, as they should!!

    Sounds like a fantastic location and one that we'll have to look into for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and video as per usual :-) Looking as handsome as ever Cooper <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.