Friday 15 March 2013

Evening up the Numbers!


There are a lot of gorgeous red dogs on here at the moment and not nearly enough black and white spotty ones!!





 

Rookie would like to pop in and introduce himself. Rookie (Seahaven’s Celtic Commander) is a Maddie son, sired by Blitzan Eternal Chaos (Darcy). He is now 13 months old. He is the ultimate madman, always on the go and full of mischief- as he should be! Luckily we do get lulls in the chaos, and at those times he is the sweetest, most cuddly boy ever. He has the best nature I could have ever hoped for. He is a big clown, and makes me laugh every day. I also have a collie and a working golden retriever. He is completely under the thumb of my collie, and best friend to my goldie.

Rookie, Chili and Teak

Rookie has attended two champ shows- Paignton and Crufts and won his class at both, even with me as a handicap, so he must be super handsome! However, his real calling in life (apart from mud baths and laying four paws in the air on the sofa) is competitive obedience. He really loves his training, though we are still taking baby steps. He is so keen and always tries really hard. He is more into his toys, loves a good game but is also more than happy to work for delicious treats! I am hoping to have him in the ring to train a Novice round either at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I am really excited about his capabilities and hope I can do him justice.



I am also hoping to do some working trials with Rookie, he naturally has a very good nose on him and is already proving to be a strong, confident worker, so I think he would really enjoy trials. I am giving him time to mature before doing much training in this respect though.





I hope I can update here in future with news of some success in obedience, but I know we will have a lot of fun along the way regardless. All in all, I am just thrilled to bits with my special boy, thank Donna and all at Seahaven for giving him such a fab start in life (and of course the beautiful Maddie for all she had to put up with) and look forward to what the future has in store!

Jess and Rookie


5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW he looks great! so much fun! I love the munsters too, and if I wasn't so full with the collie mafia as well as the Tollers and Tollies I could be tempted too. Hmm oh dear have I just planted a seed for the future?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on, you wouldn't notice a munster in your house, honest.......

      Delete
  2. A beautiful dog you've got there - in fact 3 beautiful dogs.
    I had left Seahaven by the time Rookie was born but like to think that we'd have been quite a team (handful) if we'd been there together! Will look out for you in 2013! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see a bit of balance between the two breeds being achieved! Do have a look at the video link if you haven't already as it is really inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very kind of you to say Donna, of course it's all in the editing, I could probably live comfortably off of proceeds from you've been framed for the out-takes!! He is coming on nicely though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.